Mailbox Question: “I’m looking for something different this upcoming summer. I want to keep my man’s interest on me. I don’t like to do the hoochie thing and I want to keep it classy but sexy. What do you suggest I do to hold his attention when this summer rolls around?”
This is a question that I never in my life thought I would be able to answer. But “hold up” *In My Nate Dogg Voice* I’ve got you covered.
First of all let me begin with the fact that I admire a woman that is willing to go the extra mile for her man. It shows that you are dedicated to the cause and you are willing to keep it chic. That is commendable.
Secondly I am enamored by the resolve that you are showing to step your game up. Every man reading this will back me in saying that we love a woman that knows how to keep it sexy. Because you are seeking advice lets me know that you are serious so I am going to do my best Tom Brady impersonation and be real clutch for you right about now.
I am going to tell you what men like. I am probably breaking the rules here but for you I will make an exception. Here are a few things that you should know:
- Men like simple. We don’t need a lot of accessories. The simpler the better.
- Sexy comes in all sizes. Don’t let your weight keep you from being sexy. Conservatively sexy works well too.
- Lose the hoochie look. We don’t respect them, what they provide for us is only good for one night. You still gotta meet his family, and if you think his mothers opinion doesn’t matter, you are fooling the hell outta yourself.
- Carry yourself like a woman. Nothing pleases a man more that an assertive woman who knows what she wants and how to get it.
Now let’s set a few ground rules for picking out your summer wardrobe… Remember you have plenty of time to get it right so make sure you follow these rules
- Know your body type. Don’t buy something that is too tight if you are plus sized or overly small. Don’t buy something that is too loose if you are really small or have a great shape. Try on everything when you go shopping. What’s good for one person is not good for everyone.
- Lose the flip flops. Men want to see pretty feet but not in flip flops all the time. Rock some open toed shoes or even a cute pair of sandals. But flip flops signify that you aren’t paying much attention to your feet. Also a pedicure is a good thing. It doesn’t have to be professional if you are on a budget but something about cute feet catches a man’s eye.
- I would also suggest a few sundresses. There is nothing sexier than a woman with a nice fitting sundress on. Something about a sundress says “yeah I’m sexy, and I do see you watching.”
If you follow these guidelines you will have his complete attention all summer. Don’t get it twisted, he is still going to glance at other women, but he will only look briefly because you will have his heart racing since you stepped up your game. Honestly even if you didn’t step it up, you’ve got him already. You just shifted him from the LE package to the fully loaded one. He will love you for it.